👋 Welcome, it’s great to have you here.
We know that first impressions are important, so we’ve populated our site with some initial getting started posts that will help you get familiar with everything drone related in no time. This is the first one!
A few things you should know upfront:
Got a drone? Whether you’re a novice drone pilot or have many years of aviation experience, rules and safety tips exist to help you fly safely in the National Airspace System. Think of these tips as a pre-flight checklist to help you fly safely.
Drone Safety Tips
- Register your drone
- Fly your drone at or below 400 feet
- Keep your drone within your line of sight
- Be aware of FAA Airspace Restrictions
- Respect privacy
- Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
- Never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people
- Never fly near emergencies such as fires or hurricane recovery efforts
- Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Operating Your Drone
The FAA rules you need to follow while flying your drone will depend on what your mission is.
- Recreational Fliers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations
- Certificated Remote Pilots including Commercial Operators
- Government & Law Enforcement
Not sure what type of a drone user you are? We can help you!
One Last Note…
By the way, once you’re done reading, the info above, make sure to head over to dronezone to actually register your drone!
Read the Original Article: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/